making reagular2cooking regular2lovingliving regular2new reader3

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

knitting intermission

We have had four days in a row with sun here in Yonder. I’m feeling the vitamin D coming through my skin and spreading to all the different corners of my body, filling it with energy. I love it!

In the intermission of my pink cross-stitch and quilt project I have begun knitting a jacket to Astrid. I don’t know what the name of the colour is (Robbins egg...?), but I love its fresh crispiness. The yarn (Drops Alpacca) is soft and because I’m knitting with needle size three the jacket is airy. My idea was to be finished by now so that she can use it this spring. I have a few more rounds to go to succeed, but I’m getting there. I definitely feel that my knitting skills are broadening and with that my confidence. Goodie good.

Now you might wonder what happened to the white jacket I began knitting in February. Well it is actually already done, at least the knitting part but I need to line the inside flap with fabric and I haven’t quite understood how to do it yet. Until I do it will lay in its basket waiting for me. Fortunately I knitted it in size 12 months, so I still have some time before it needs to be done. On the other hand I would like to show it to you so I’ll try not to wait that long.

Now I’m going for a walk in the sun…

3 comments:

  1. Fargen er nydeleg, det vert sikkert ei herleg jakke!

    God påske! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color of this alpaca is gorgoeus! I can't wait to see your jacket finished! :-)
    I am happy that you have a bit of sun on your skin: it's always a delicious thing to have it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of the jacket!! I can't wait to see it finished! Glad that the sun is shining. I am just back from 2 weeks in Japan - we had 22 degrees and sunshine the last 3 days in TOkyo - now it is sad to be back in cool and blustery Scotland!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know you were here!