making reagular2cooking regular2lovingliving regular2new reader3

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Finally finished


I began this jacket back in March/April as an intermission from all the pink cross stitching I was doing for a blanket to Astrid (a project that has been hibernating since then). This turquoise jacket was already finished a month ago when my mother helped me with the crochet border. It took me another month to sew on the wooden buttons, and now: tadaaa finally finished. It is super soft and warm. I almost wish I had one myself.

6 comments:

  1. That is absolutely darling. I love the color! It's so 1940's! Very retro and pretty! And extra special that your mother had a hand in making it, too.

    ps. That had is so cute. I made a very ugly green and orange striped cap like that, but I ended up tossing it. The colors were horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great little jacket - a beautiful colour! It'll make you think of summer in the middle of winter - it also looks the same as the glacier that I saw recently - a beautiful blue!

    I would need someone to help me with the crochet edges too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so, so, so cute! The colour is really pretty, and I like the shape. Would it be silly to have an adult version of it? (the answer is probably yes...) And the model is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least your little one seems to enjoy it and certainly looks very adorable in the whole outfit. Sometimes things just take long to finish but what matters is that it's done and serving the purpose, heh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. o, goodness. That has to be the cutest hat ever. Wonderful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about that little jacket. Oooh, and your blog. Gorgeous photos, projects, and everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know you were here!