making reagular2cooking regular2lovingliving regular2new reader3

Saturday, October 30, 2010

baby jacket

I have been a committed knitter during my absence from blogging. This baby jacket is for my cousin’s baby. She is the most adorable little girl you can imagine. The jacket will keep her warm and pretty on cold winter days.

As a knitter that only begun knitting seriously (… that sounds silly, have you ever heard of an unserious knitter?) about two years ago I am quite proud of having made this jacket. I would never have thought I would get this far with my knitting. Every new project I take on teaches me something new.

This jacket taught me that I should never be afraid to try patterns that look difficult. If it is too difficult you can always stop knitting and use the yarn for something else. And if it is not overwhelming and you conquer the challenge then you end up with a sweet jacket and one bar more on the knitters self-esteem chart.

For details on the pattern visit Ravelry

13 comments:

  1. ....swoon.
    Could there be anything more perfect than this gorgeous jacket on a fresh little baby?

    Sa nydelig...du er virklig flink synes jeg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. That little tiny toot of a sweater is just gorgeous. What a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so cute! I'm glad you dared trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so beautiful! Lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. El patrón es una preciosidad y me imagino que todo un reto! Y lo que me ha dejado también con la boca abierta es la buena estética de las fotos! Son geniales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh-la-la !! this is gorgeous, i love cables and this is so delicate ! what a lucky little girl to wear this beauty !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is truly the most exquisite piece of knitting I have ever seen. Awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty taht I want to cast on stright away! Beautiful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Kristine and everyone else for those generous words. They mean a lot to me, and are making my day(s)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is such a cute and beautiful jacket! Adorable!

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am back to continue reading after going on a tangent to find that wonderful movie you shared about. Yes.. you were right about him being a cutieface!
    I just have to say.. this is an amazingly beautiful sweater. Now, I must go.. I have beeswax melting on the woodstove and I had better get back to it :) Lovely to catch up today. You have a wonderful blog that I enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Den var helt nydelig:) Takk for besøket hos meg;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know you were here!