making reagular2cooking regular2lovingliving regular2new reader3

Friday, December 19, 2008

5 days to Christmas Eve

I can't believe how fast this week flew! It's already Friday again. This week was all about finishing the last Christmas presents, cleaning up a messy (very messy) table, going to the post office, wrapping up gifts, and making the suitcase for Astrid and me before leaving for my mothers house where we will be spending Christmas (Mr. Life in Yonder will come the 23rd).

Last weekend I managed to finish two more place mats. Unfortunately, due to the very short day and lack of light I didn't have time to take photos before sending the presents off to the recipients. It is a pity because on one of the place mats I cross stitched a charted monogram from this book, and I wanted to show you how nicely it turned out. I loved stitching it, seeing how the two letters intertwined, making their own pattern. I'll show you next time I stitch one since I will most likely stitch more of these.

This week in between everything else I had to do I also found the time to sew together two felt houses that I cross stitched last winter but never got around to mount. I still need to fill them with wool and perhaps some cinnamon and cloves to give them a "Christmasy" scent. I have more of these houses stitched up with different motives ready to be sewed together, but I always seem to come up with new projects before I get around to finish them.

And how am I not going to want to start a new project when my mailbox get filled with beautiful fabrics bought online. It is impossible! Like these two (sorry for the bad quality, but daylight is scarce). Beautiful Japanese linen and cotton blend fabric. Perfect for embroidery and zakka projects. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. And when I got them between my hands I fell in love even more, regretting I didn't buy more. I tried, but there was of course no more left.

4 comments:

  1. I love the fabric! It looks like great colours! I hope that you all have a fantastic Christmas and enjoy your first with Astrid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. que preciosidad! Buenas fiestas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work!!! lovely black horses.
    Last year I read a Siri Hustverdt's book, All I loved or something like this...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know you were here!